Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Love Comes Quietly

We are awakened through poetry.
We are affirmed through ritual.
We are fulfilled through music.
-Confucius


Robert Creeley wrote an exquisite poem on love...

Love Comes Quietly

Love comes quietly,
finally,
drops around me,
on me,
in the old way.

What did I know,
thinking myself
able to go alone
all the way.

Some years ago, after I spoke the poem aloud a few times...the words seem to take on their own life...as if the poem demanded to be sung. So I did. And so I do. And love is still coming quietly on every note.


video

2 comments:

Rrramone said...

What great words...

Bill Denham said...

As I say,"There's a life time" or was it "This one is worth a whole lifetime"? Either way, you made a perfect fit,from within your perfection free zone!